Exercising and eating right seems simple in theory. However, those who desire to lose weight or be healthier know that they aren’t so easy. For most, it’s too much of a challenge and forces them to give up on their goals.
You want to be successful, so you need a specific plan and should stick with it. You’ve got to be dedicated and have a structure for exercise and healthy diets to work. Often, people use meal-replacement shakes to help them.
There isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution, but meal replacement beverages can be highly effective. It cuts calories and still provides you with the protein and nutrition you need.
This Idealshape review talks about the meal replacement shake in depth.
What Is Idealshape?
Idealshape is the company name, and it sells a variety of meal replacement shakes, snacks, bars, and supplements. The goal of the company is for you to lose and keep off the weight.
There are various formulas, which vary based on the product. However, the program features similar ingredient blends that are designed to boost your protein levels while suppressing hunger. This also reduces how many calories you eat per day.
Idealshape BBB Profile
Idealshape is owned by The Hut Group Limited, which is a company that manufactures sports-nutrition and weight-management products. Its primary headquarters are located in Lindon, UT. According to the BBB, The Hut Group Limited has an A+ rating, but it is not BBB-accredited. It’s been in business for 17 years and has 44 customer reviews – most of which are negative.
Of the 204 customer complaints, 138 of them were closed within the last three years, while the other 66 were resolved over the past 12 months.
According to the BBB, this company does business under a variety of other names. This worries us, as there are six different options available. However, we must go by how the BBB rates the company. Since it has received the highest rating possible (from A+ to F), we feel that the company is doing everything possible to keep up with the complaints and resolve them swiftly.
Idealshape products are loaded with protein, minerals, and vitamins. Though some of its competitors don’t, you can bet these items can be used safely for meal replacement.
Each of the shakes offers two dozen different minerals and vitamins and has fewer than 110 calories. There’s also low amounts of sugar. It even provides vegan products, which feature Stevia as the sweetener. Other options use sucralose. Every shake also contains at least 11 grams of whey protein with 5 grams of fiber. This boosts muscle development while reducing the feeling of being hungry.
Here is a list (not exhaustive) of the minerals and vitamins included in the shakes:
- Potassium helps with muscle health and can lower blood pressure and keep it steady.
- Sodium is essential to regulate the nervous system and your blood pressure.
- Vitamin A can improve skin health, eyesight, and the immune system while boosting the production of red blood cells.
- Calcium helps with bone health, as well as nerve communication and muscle movement.
- Vitamin D improves bone health and supports your immune system.
- Niacin can help boost healthy cholesterol levels
- Thiamin (Vitamin B) supports the heart, muscle, and nerve function.
- Phosphorus can support bone health.
- Biotin is a mineral that can help your skin, hair, and nails grow.
- Copper boosts your energy levels and helps with damage recovery times.
- Magnesium can regulate your heart rhythm and works to keep blood pressure at normal levels.
- Iron helps combat feelings of fatigue and tiredness while supporting nerve and blood health.
- Vitamin C helps your immune system and can reduce the number of free radicals in the body.
- Chloride can improve your digestion.
- Zinc is essential for your immune system.
- Pantothenic Acid (B5) can treat multiple diseases.
- Vitamin B12 can help the nervous system and brain.
- Vitamin B6 can aid in digesting and breaking down protein.
- Riboflavin (B2) metabolizes protein, carbs, and fat.
Potential Side Effects for Idealshape
Whenever you make changes to your diet, your body needs to adjust to it. Therefore, some users might experience stomach pains after first using Idealshape. Often, discomfort is temporary and goes away within a few days.
Those who often eat large meals may find that their body doesn’t adjust easily to such a lowered calorie intake. You may feel more tired than normal.
There is caffeine in most of the Idealshape products. This is roughly the amount in a cup of your favorite coffee. The caffeine itself comes from coffee bean and green tea extracts. Still, you may want to limit your intake of caffeine to reduce the risk of developing jitters or the shakes.
Some of the products contain soy or milk. Therefore, you may need to avoid use if you have a lactose or soybean intolerance.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Idealshape
The advantages of using Idealshape include:
- You can purchase sampler packs, which don’t require you to measure anything. They’re suitable for testing purposes and on-the-go needs.
- The products have a lot of protein, minerals, and vitamins. Some people mix them with milk or almond milk to add more protein to the mix.
- It uses natural sweeteners, so many people feel it’s a healthy dessert. This also limits the amount of sugar you consume.
- There are many flavors available from which to choose.
- The powder doesn’t have to be refrigerated and can last a long time.
- It uses Slendesta. Though there isn’t scientific evidence yet, this hunger-blocker can help with weight loss. Even if it doesn’t, it isn’t going to hurt you.
- Generally, Idealshape is affordable.
- There aren’t many calories, but it still contains a lot of protein.
Of course, Idealshape does have a few drawbacks:
- It comes to you in powder form. If you mix it with water, it could be grainy.
- The shakes are quite sweet. Some people like this, but if you prefer less sweet things, you may want to dilute it with more water.
- Many of the products use artificial sweeteners, though the vegan versions use Stevia instead.
How to Buy Idealshape
You can purchase Idealshape products from the official website. There are a variety of package options and flavors from which to choose. Sometimes, the site offers promotions and bonuses. This allows you to save money or try new flavors for a lowered price.
Many of the products available from Idealshape are also on Amazon. The prices are generally similar, but you may enjoy free shipping. Regardless, you can find IdealShake, IdealLean, and IdealBoost items.
Idealshape Refund Policy
Idealshape – through its website – offers a risk-free trial. This means that you have 30 days from delivery to test out the products and see if you like them. However, you only get a refund for the purchase price and not the shipping costs. Also, the company does not pay for return shipping, so you’re out that amount, too. Generally, you’ve got to wait a full month (four weeks) before you receive your money. This is because it takes time for the company to receive the product, send it to the returns department, process it, and get the funds into your bank (or cut you a check).
If you purchase the products from Amazon or another retailer, you must view the return policy for those companies. Generally, though, they accept any manufacturer policies, so they are sure to give you the same guarantee. Again, though, you are probably going to have to pay for return shipping.
Words on the Street
Most of the reviews we read about Idealshape are positive. Many of them have chosen the small packs, which are single-serve pouches. For example, this reviewer says:
“These packs are crazy convenient. They go anywhere, which means that I can have a shake at any time of the day, at any place. I don’t have to fumble around with a special cup and large tub…”
Others tell their success stories, such as this one:
“I went from 190 lb to 176 in less than a month. I was really surprised, to say the least. However, you have to use willpower – it is a “MEAL REPLACEMENT.” Stick to it. You’re going to get hungry, but it works.”
“Love, love the taste. Finally, a shake you can drink alone if you want to, and that doesn’t taste like sand! It’s on the sweet side, but I LOVE that…As for curbing your appetite, it really does for about 3 hours, so it’s great! The first week I lost 4 pounds, and I had two cheat days. I’m on my second week and am down an extra 3 pounds with no exercise.”
Is Idealshape Worth It?
Idealshape has been a trusted name for over a decade when it comes to wellness. The company provides a specific meal plan that you can use. However, most people just replace a meal or two with the shakes or use some of the other products.
Plus, there are many ingredients within the products that are healthy and beneficial. Even if you don’t want to lose weight, you can still be healthier by supplementing with these shakes. Therefore, we believe that Idealshape could be a great meal-replacement solution if that is what you seek.